Nearest Sightseeing places from Kanatal
- Tehri Dam at New Tehri is quite famous. This dam is built on the
confluence of River Bhagirathi and Bhilangna and make for an
interesting visit. While at New Tehri, also visit the Pant Research
Institute where fruits and plants are grown.
- Kaudia Forest is 1 km away on the road towards Chamba. It is a very
nice picnic spot. A level walk of 7 to 8 km will show dense forests
opening into a vast expanse of undulating hills and valleys. Tiny,
gurgling natural springs are along the way. The track is jeepable. You
could spot a few wild animals.
- Mussoorie is 37 km from Kanatal and it is one of the most popular
- Chamba is 14 km from Kanatal. Chamba is untouched and untamed by the
vices of urbanisation and commercialisation.
- Dhanaulti is 15 km from Kanatal. Dhanaulti is like a cool winter
breeze. Unspoilt by commercialisation, one can feel nature here.
Treks, pony rides along fruit orchards and water streams appearing
from nowhere can keep you busy as there is little commercialisation.
Roads to Dhanaulti are not so bad and this can be a place worth
- Shivpuri is about 75 km from Kanatal and close to Rishikesh is
Shivpuri, where you can enjoy rafting. Shivpuri is perhaps the most
convenient and popular rafting destination close to Delhi. The best
time to go is from September to October and then from March to May. It
is closed in the monsoon season.
- Adventure Park: 8 kms distance from kanatal lies an adventure park
specially designed and crafted for the adventure lovers. You can enjoy
Burma Bridge, Commando Net,Zipline,Monkey crawling and other several
activities right here.